Sunday, April 19, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well it isn't really Monday yet, but I want to get a jump on things.  I am rereading Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi.  This time I decided to read it section by section and then read the corresponding novel.  The first section discusses Lolita so that is what I will start tonight.  Nafisi's perspective is that Lolita is not simply about an older man who is obsessed with a young girl; but, it is about a man obsessed with stealing her life and creating a new existence for her.  That is creepy and sad in a vastly different way than just the story of a pervert!  I am anxious to form my own opinion.  I will definitely post more as I get into the story.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading tons of books per usual. And re-reading tons of them too! I tend to re-read a lot. I think because lately I just cannot find any books out there anymore that interest me enough to pay money for them! That is scary!! Because I'm a huge book buyer....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete