Monday, December 22, 2014

2015 Library Challenge





I have decided to participate in the 2015 library challenge.  I am really already a "pro" at this so borrowing 28 or more books in 2015 is a given.  I mentioned my library in a previous post so this gives me the opportunity to extol its virtues!

The South Coastal Library is located in Bethany Beach, Delaware and it is a hub of activity.  Because Bethany is a resort town, the library has arrangements for summer people so they have access to library usage.  BUT for those of us who are year-rounders, the activities and services are endless.  In addition, it is a part of the Delaware Library System and the online catalog of books, ebooks, and audiobooks is excellent.  To me there is nothing more exciting that sitting at the computer tagging books I want to read and then getting the email that it is available for pick up or download (and I can do this while still in pajamas).  

I am fortunate.  The library is right down the road from me and in nice weather a good walk.  I've cut and pasted information from the library's site to show much of what is available.  What they don't say is that the staff is one of the best.  They are friendly and helpful.  I love my library so this challenge is a given.

Taken from the South Coastal website:

About the Library

In addition to providing reading, listening, and viewing materials, the South Coastal Library offers the following:
Services:
  • Story times and children’s activities
  • Notary Services, Monday~Friday, 2-4 pm
  • Readers’ Advisory
  • Teen Room and Activities
  • Reference Services & Homework Help
  • Out-of-state Interlibrary Loans
  • Laminating Services
  • Photocopy Machine
  • Microfiche/Microfilm Reader
  • Online Library Catalog Access
  • Galileo Reading Machine for the Visually Impaired
  • Low Vision Video Magnifier
  • Computer Access (with a Delaware library card)
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Meeting Room for Public Use
  • Study Rooms

No comments:

Post a Comment