Friday, December 26, 2014

The Dilemma

I have been reading Anne Perry's World War I five book series.  On Christmas night, I finished book four At Some Disputed Barricade.  There is a MAJOR cliffhanger.  The fifth and final book in the series We Shall Not Sleep is being held at the library for me; however, the library will not re-open  from the holidays until Monday, December 29.  Herein lies my dilemma:  Wait patiently until Monday, purchase the book on my kindle, or break in to the library and "retrieve" the book put aside for me.  Patience is not my virtue.  There is no one around to serve as my getaway driver.  Which leaves Kindle.  Ok not really a difficult choice.  The book as they say is a click away.  Ahhh.

What did people do who read each book as it was published?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'd be your getaway driver if you decide to break into the library! But since I really don't want to spend my 65th birthday in jail, I say - get it on the Kindle - LOL!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete